Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable "Delete branch after the pull request is merged" by default?

Zejia Chen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2022

As title. Setting per repo is enough. I would like to let all pull requests of this repo have this ticked. Our repo is hosted in Bitbucket Cloud. Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

Hi @Zejia Chen ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Usually, this setup is per user basis. As a user, if you choose to delete branch after merge in repository, on next merge the checkbox will be checked.

Btw, there's an open request to make this setting as default per all users. You can vote and watch this request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-21661 in order to be updated.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Davide Cavestro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_, could you elaborate on

Usually, this setup is per user basis. As a user, if you choose to delete branch after merge in repository, on next merge the checkbox will be checked.

I can't see this memory effect at PR creation time, whle at PR merge time I simply see the value previously set by the proposer on the PR. 

(in the meantime I voted for the feature request you linked)

0 votes
Saxea _Flowie_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

In Flowie, a Bitbucket cloud app for defining workflows that we provide, you can configure it to always, or depending on a condition, close the source branch, so developers don't even need to worry about this.

Flowie is available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

0 votes
hectormartos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 31, 2023

It seems that Bitbucket Server includes a setting to automatically delete the branch after merging, but is not included in Bitbucket Cloud.

This was a concern to our development team, so I developed an Open-Source extension for Google Chrome, which you can install from the Chrome Web Store.

I hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events