Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable email notifications on commit?

Nirmalya Pal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2018

In a BitBucket project user need to get email notification when someone commits there. How i can enable that option ?

3 answers

1 vote
Sam Morgan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2020

While the new notifications feature does work, it doesn't send me notifications on my own commits. Is there a way to enable this?

I'd like to be able to forward commit emails to stakeholders.

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2018

Hi @Nirmalya Pal,

Starting from Bitbucket Server 5.10 (here the release notes), users can watch repositories and be notified via email when a comment is pushed to the repository.

The Repository notifications page covers the details of the events that will trigger an email notification.

As @jredmond correctly states, the commits need to be pushed for Bitbucket Server to be aware of them and trigger the notification.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

rui-ganhoto-diamond
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 7, 2018

Hi, I currently have enabled this email notifications. I would love to have the branch name in the email.

Because I'm managing a project with multiple ongoing module enhancements and it's not easy to identify if a commit is going to QA or to a Task or anything.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2018

Hi Nirmalaya,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

In order to send an email on commits you need an app. Search on email in the Marketplace and you will find Push email notifyerNotifyer and a couple of more that should work for you.

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2018

It's also worth remembering that most commits take place on someone's individual system, rather than on Bitbucket itself. Bitbucket (Cloud or Server) doesn't get any indication that a commit has happened until that commit is pushed.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events