It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I enable email notifications on commit?

Nirmalya Pal Jun 14, 2018

In a BitBucket project user need to get email notification when someone commits there. How i can enable that option ?

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jun 14, 2018

Hi Nirmalaya,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

In order to send an email on commits you need an app. Search on email in the Marketplace and you will find Push email notifyerNotifyer and a couple of more that should work for you.

Jim Redmond Atlassian Team Jun 14, 2018

It's also worth remembering that most commits take place on someone's individual system, rather than on Bitbucket itself. Bitbucket (Cloud or Server) doesn't get any indication that a commit has happened until that commit is pushed.

0 votes
Caterina Curti Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2018

Hi @Nirmalya Pal,

Starting from Bitbucket Server 5.10 (here the release notes), users can watch repositories and be notified via email when a comment is pushed to the repository.

The Repository notifications page covers the details of the events that will trigger an email notification.

As @Jim Redmond correctly states, the commits need to be pushed for Bitbucket Server to be aware of them and trigger the notification.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

rui-ganhoto-diamond Dec 07, 2018

Hi, I currently have enabled this email notifications. I would love to have the branch name in the email.

Because I'm managing a project with multiple ongoing module enhancements and it's not easy to identify if a commit is going to QA or to a Task or anything.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

1,620 views 2 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you