Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a read-only deployment key?

Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez June 8, 2022

I'm trying to create and use a project-level deployment key with read-only permissions as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/ssh-access-keys-for-system-use-776639781.html, but when I try to add keys to either a repository or a project, I'm not given the option to choose permission levels. Is that option gone and the documentation is stale, or do I need to flip some other switch to enable this option?

Here's what I see (compare to the images in the link above):

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 7.18.11 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Hello @Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

The documentation you have listed is from Bitbucket server, and from what I could understand you are trying to set up access keys in Bitbucket Cloud.

If that is the case, in Bitbucket Cloud the ssh keys added as Access Keys in both the project and repository levels are already read-only, so you will not be presented with the option to choose between read/write, because only read permission is available at the moment.

Please allow me to share the access key documentation specifically Bitbucket Cloud:

Hope that helps to clarify your questions! Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you, @Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez June 9, 2022

Oh, good catch. That's terrific then, exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Like Patrik S likes this
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2022

You're very welcome @Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez . Glad to have been of some help :)

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events