Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can modify session timeout in stash ?

smith February 20, 2013

I modify conf/web.xml and WEB_INF/web.xml like this <session-timeout>300</session-timeout>, but it seems session only keep in 5-10 minites, then I modify server.xml add '<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-stash" ... defaultSessionTimeOut="3600" ..., also not work.

3 answers

2 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

Hi Smith,

You had it right the first time. Modifying the conf/web.xml file should be the way to increase the timeout (and remove the WEB-INF/web.xml changes). It's in seconds, so 300 is 5 minutes. You will want to increase that to something greater?

I hope this helps.

Charles

smith February 21, 2013

Charles O'Farrell,

I midified conf/web.xml to <session-timeout>3600</session-timeout> as your helps,but it seems not work, my environment is stash2.1.2 on suse linux sp10.

<!-- ==================== Default Session Configuration ================= -->
  <!-- You can set the default session timeout (in minutes) for all newly   -->
  <!-- created sessions by modifying the value below.                       -->

<session-config>
        <session-timeout>3600</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi Smith,

I'm pretty confident that's the file you need to modify. What are you seeing exactly? Are the sessions timing out at _exactly_ 5 minutes like the default is still applied, or are you being logged out at strange intervals?

Cheers,

Charles

smith February 21, 2013

Hi Charles,

First,I test timeout on a pc vpn to server, it seems not work. Just now I test it on LAN pc , It work well, thank your helps very much.

and the web.xml say "the default session timeout (in minutes) " , the fact it is in seconds as you say.

Good lucky!

Smith

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Hi,

Just want to verify:

Is it really is seconds? The default value in web.xml is 30 and the comment in the file states (in minutes)

I want to increase this to 6 hours. Should I use 360 or 21600?

Cheers,

// Svante

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Hi Svante,

I don't know what I was thinking (or where I got that example from). The timeout is in minutes (so 360).

Cheers,

Charles

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Mucho Gracias!

0 votes
Alexey_Efimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

Stash is not statefull application. What problem you trying to solve?

0 votes
Alexey_Efimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

It is not needed in fact. What problem you try to solve?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events