Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I make sure Forked repo is visible to me only

Shyam March 17, 2022

How do I make sure Forked repo is visible to only me not anyone in company?.

And after forking the repo , whatever we do in this forked repo, it does not impact the original repo, am I correct? 

And 3rd question is when we enable fork sync while doing forking, does it allow parallel changes would sync automatically to forked  repo  whatever we do in original repo?

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2022

Hi @Shyam 

G'Day!

How do I make sure Forked repo is visible to only me not anyone in company?.

It depends on the location you want the repositories to be forked. If it's your personal Workspace then only you have access if you don't have anyone else in your Workspace. You can also create a new Workspace and fork it over to there so you'll be the only one who have access.

In short, this depends on the Workspace you wish to store the fork repositories.

after forking the repo , whatever we do in this forked repo, it does not impact the original repo, am I correct? 

Correct, any changes made in the forked repo will not be synced automatically to the original repositories.

when we enable fork sync while doing forking, does it allow parallel changes would sync automatically to forked  repo  whatever we do in original repo?

We only have sync features from original repositories to the fork repositories and it's not vice versa. So. you can't sync changes from forked to original repositories. You can only update the changes via pull request.

I highly suggest you check out our documentation for more information at

Repositories fork 

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events