Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host key verification failed - ssh and known hosts set

Mylene Kreiger November 17, 2022

Hi everyone :)

I have a typo3 project wich I want to deploy on my server via bitbucket pipeline and deployer. Everything works fine until the actual deploy on server. I always get an error "host key verification failed". 

I added a new ssh key pair in the pipeline, copied the public to my hosting provider for access, added the know hosts via bitbucket as IP-address and url with the right port:

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-18 um 08.30.26.png
Unfortunately my hosting provider only allows ssh for approved IP-addresses. Therefore I added all IP-addresses concerning bitbucket to the approved ones.

After all these arrangements I still get the same error and I really don't know what I am doing wrong. Would really appreciate it, if someone could help me :D

I am really sorry if I forgot some important informations, this is my first post in the community. I will provide them as quick as possible.

Greetings, Mylene

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Erez Maadani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2022

Hey @Mylene Kreiger 

Before deploying your server, try printing the contents of the known hosts file:

cat ~/.ssh/known_hosts

This way you can verify the file contains the key for the requested server.

If it's not, you can try and add it manually during the pipeline. 

echo $(ssh-keyscan -t rsa bitbucket.org) >> ~/.ssh/known_hosts
Mylene Kreiger November 18, 2022

Thanks @Erez Maadani  for your fast answer :)

I have added the printing and it seems bitbucket.org is in the known hosts, but still the same error. How is this possible?

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-18 um 09.59.41.png

Erez Maadani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2022

Try the second command again but use your server URL/IP instead of bitbucket.org:

echo $(ssh-keyscan -t rsa your-server-url-here) >> ~/.ssh/known_hosts
Mylene Kreiger November 18, 2022

Thanks, that worked!

Daniel Fuentes October 10, 2023

Thank you so Much @Mylene Kreiger & @Erez Maadani it work for me also!!!!

Like Mylene Kreiger likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events