Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Key algorithm

joel.kuepper September 28, 2021

Hi team,

with the latest update of Openssh 8.8/8.8p1 they diabled ssh-rsa as the Host Key algorithm because of security concerns, see 'potentially-incompatible changes' in  http://www.openssh.com/releasenotes.html

So using this up-to-date version, I am no longer able to access bitbucket.org

using `ssh git@bitbucket.org`, fails with 

`Unable to negotiate with 104.192.141.1 port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss`

explicitly enabling that legacy SHA1 algorithm with `ssh -oHostKeyAlgorithms=+ssh-rsa git@bitbucket.org` I can connect.

Is there any information on if / when bitbucket.org will support up-to-date algorithms for verifying the Host?

Or am I completely wrong and need to change my client?

Best!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
joel.kuepper September 28, 2021

Dupliacte. See this related question.

joel.kuepper October 25, 2021

Solved now. You can remove the +ssh-rsa entry from the config file

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
3 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2021

Hi Joel,

I've replied to the other community question you linked, I'm also posting it here for anyone who comes across your question for easier reference.

We have published a community article with more info on this issue:

Our team is working on adding the updated signature support to our SSH server, we will provide another update once these changes have been implemented. If you'd like to get notified of updates, you can add yourself as a watcher either to the community article or to the following ticket in our issue tracker:

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events