Hook up external svn

I would like to know whether I can hook up an external svn to our on demand Jira, so that we can connect changesets with tickets.

3 answers

No,

Only embeeded OnDemand Subversion can be connected with

1 vote
Nick Mason Atlassian Team Nov 22, 2012

Hi Ingmar,

Not directly. What you'd need to do is to run FishEye on your own server, which would be looking at your own Subversion repositories, and you'd hook your local FishEye instance up to your JIRA OnDemand instance via applinks.

Well, how does the local FishEye communicate with JIRA OnDemand? Shouldn't I be able to mimick that in a way that my local SVN pushes the same stuff to JIRA OnDemand as FishEye would?

Nick Mason Atlassian Team Nov 26, 2012

The local FishEye communicates via applinks, the same mechanism that we used for FishEye when we were offering it in OnDemand. That's the only way to link a Subversion repository into OnDemand. :)

Well, but 'applinks', whatever kind of software that is, would in the end do some communication between a local FishEye and the OnDemand Jira. Shouldn't I be able to mimick this communication with a post-commit hook on my local svn?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,767 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you