Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble accessing environment variables in React

Max Wheeler April 29, 2020

I have a React App (created using create-react-app) and I want to access the environment variables using "process.env." I have multiple environments set up in this repo, so I am using Bitbucket Deployments to manage my environment variables separately for each environment.

The Problem:

I am unable to access the environment variables using "process.env" unless I move them from Deployments to the standard "Repository Variables" section. I MUST be doing something wrong because it would be absolutely absurd for that to be standard behavior. The only documentation that I can find on this subject is with specific regard to using the variables in bitbucket-pipelines.

1 answer

0 votes
Roman Schepkin September 18, 2021

Hi.
Did you solve this problem?

Kari Giberson November 4, 2021

@Max Wheeler Did you ever find a solution? I am also experiencing this issue.

Max Wheeler November 8, 2021

Sorry you two, but I'm now so far removed from the issue that I don't remember the context or even have access to the repo I was working on. Best of luck in finding a solution.

Roman Schepkin November 9, 2021

@Kari Giberson hello, we solved this problem. Problem was a wrong pipeline. The environment variable was not visible in the build step, because the step was incorrectly described from the point of view of the pipeline. It's awful that the documentation doesn't specify it.
You need to have only one "step" in one "branches"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events