Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my Mercurial repository been deleted?

cursorcontrol October 9, 2020

I just learned that Bitbucket is no longer supporting Mercurial repos.  I logged onto my Bitbucket site and I can't even get into the repo to download it so I can convert it to Git.  

Has my repo just been deleted or is there some other way I can get the data from it so I can move it to Git?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hi everyone,

Atlassian made a decision to move away from maintaining and supporting Mercurial repositories in 2019.

This was announced in community:

and on our blog:

Bitbucket Cloud Support team is no longer able to restore those repositories.

If you are looking for a Mercurial repository that was public, all the public repos were archived by Software Heritage:

We will not be able to meet any further requests for recovery of private HG repositories and users will need to recover those from local copies only.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Hello,

As per the following blog post, Mercurial repos were disabled on 26th August 2020 and are no longer accessible.

The support team for Bitbucket Cloud may be able to assist you with recovering any Mercurial repos you owned, you can open a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, in "What can we help you with?" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events