Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS Authentication between Bitbucket and Madcap Flare no longer working

jasoncrockford December 8, 2020

Hi,

My team have over a 100 Madcap Flare repositories branched to Bitbucket. Our HTTPS Git source control has been working fine over the last 6 months. However, about five days ago we can no longer perform pull, push, clones, etc. 

Every time we perform a function, for example a push, Flare asks for our Bitbucket username and password... When we enter the username and password we get the following error:

------

Source Control: request failed with status code 403 :  Could not authenticate

------

* Repeating this process a number of times doesn't ameliorate the issue. 

* This issue is occurring for members of staff that are working remotely from home and locally in the office.

* No network or firewall changes have been made on our systems during the last two weeks. We're not having any network issues our end. 

* We haven't changed any configuration on Bitbucket or Madcap Flare. Madcap Flare is correctly configured to the relevant HTTPS server on Bitbucket, which worked correctly up until 5 days ago.

* We're using our correct passwords - the ones we've successfully been using for the last 6 months.

* With the number of repositories we have defined, I'm guessing converting to SSH would be a monumental task.

Has Bitbucket made any recent changes to how authentication works on HTTPS over the last week? If so, I haven't received any notification.

Any help would be most appreciated.

2 answers

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2020

Hi Jason,

If I check your Bitbucket Cloud account in our system, I can see that it is managed account. Your company has verified the domain of the email you use as per this doc, which means that all Atlassian (and Bitbucket) accounts with an email from this domain become managed.

When you have managed accounts, the account's password won't work for HTTPS authentication when cloning/pulling/pushing, and an app-password needs to be used instead. Can you generate an app-password as per the instructions in the link below, and let me know if are able to clone/pull/push with that?

I would also suggest clearing first any stored credentials from the Git client you use, to ensure they won't be used again.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Theodora

jasoncrockford December 9, 2020

Hi Theodora,

Thanks for the info – it’s much appreciated. I did as instructed and it’s all working now. 😊

Best wishes,

Jason

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hi Jason,

That's good to hear, glad to have helped!

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Mehnur Baig May 5, 2023

Can you also please tell me about the error that says, "Cannot prompt because user interactivity has been disabled"?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events