Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group access permission does not work

kadowaki February 6, 2019

Hi guys, I'd like to add a permission with group to repository, but I can't select my group.
It seems like the incremental search does not work. Is screen-shot right?
How do I add my group?

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 22.20.11.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2019

Hello Satoru and welcome to the Community!

The group permissions will be empty if your Bitbucket cloud site does not have any groups created yet. To create a User Group within Bitbucket, please follow these steps:

1. Within Bitbucket and on the bottom left, select your avatar and click “Bitbucket Settings.”
  2. Within the settings and under Access Management select User Groups
  3. Within User Groups, Select add group
  4. Once you've created the group, you may not add that group to your permissions.

Source document: Organize your team into user groups

If you’re still unable to see the groups you’ve created, please let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

kadowaki February 8, 2019

Hello Stephen, Thank you for the reply.

I really appreciate your kind instruction.
I checked that my own groups were listed into the group selector.

So, I'd like to ask an additional question.
Actually, I already joined multiple team groups. I'd like to add a permission to my multiple team groups, but team groups are not listed into the group selector.

I guess that cross team groups can not set the group permissions. Is it correct?

Best regards,
Satoru Kadowaki

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2019

Hello Satoru,

In short, that is correct. You will need to create groups. I'll explain further;

Within Bitbucket you will have 2 account types (Teams and Users). A user is a single person. A team will be all the users who will be working on the project. From teams, you will then assign the users to groups. The groups will then control permissions such as Repository Admin, Write, Read or no access.

If you want to control your permissions within Bitbucket, you will need to create groups from the users within your team. There is more information about the different levels of permissions and how to do further work within groups and teams at the following articles:

I hope this helps in creating your permission levels for your groups.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

kadowaki March 18, 2019

Hello Stephen, Thank you for your helpful reply. I'm sorry for replying too late.
I could understand about bitbucket group permissions.

I really appreciate you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events