Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google app engine deployment error with BitBucket pipeline

Vijayakumar_psg587 April 16, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a simple spring boot app to gcp using the pipeline. I found the CI tool to be great and went ahead with the doing a POC for the client. I am really looking forward for the project to work but for some reason it keeps getting knocked back and I am trying to find an answer for the past 5 days. Here is my pipeline details. Right now I am using the default pipeline

image: maven:3.5.2-jdk-8

pipelines:

default:

- step:

script:

# Downloading the Google Cloud SDK

- curl -o /tmp/google-cloud-sdk.tar.gz https://dl.google.com/dl/cloudsdk/channels/rapid/downloads/google-cloud-sdk-155.0.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz

- tar -xvf /tmp/google-cloud-sdk.tar.gz -C /tmp/

- /tmp/google-cloud-sdk/install.sh -q

- source /tmp/google-cloud-sdk/path.bash.inc

# Authenticating with the service account key file

- echo $GCLOUD_API_KEYFILE | base64 --decode --ignore-garbage > ./gcloud-api-key.json

#set the account before activating

#below two lines are being omitted since the auth is set with the key configured in the env varible

#- gcloud config set account learning-gcp-199805

#- gcloud auth activate-service-account learning-gcp-199805 --key-file gcloud-api-key.json

# Linking to the Google Cloud project

- gcloud config set project $GCLOUD_PROJECT

- gcloud components install app-engine-java

- gcloud auth activate-service-account --key-file gcloud-api-key.json

- echo $GCLOUD_API_KEYFILE > /tmp/client-secret.json   

- echo $GCLOUD_APP_YAML | base64 --decode --ignore-garbage > ./app.yaml

#-  ls

#- cd SpringBootProjectWithSecurity #use this only if the ls retunrs the details that are not in the root of the project but a level above too far

#e,lse just continue

- mvn clean install package

#- mvn appengine:update

- mvn appengine:update -Dappengine.additionalParams="--service_account_json_key_file=/tmp/client-secret.json"

#now both the mvn scripts returns error

#

I have added the gcp plugin in my pom.xml 

<plugin>

<groupId>com.google.appengine</groupId>

<artifactId>appengine-maven-plugin</artifactId>

<version>1.9.9</version>

</plugin>

But I cannot deploy it to gcp/ This is the error that I am getting now. Seems that it is not able to find the packaged jar to deploy.

[INFO] Updating Google App Engine Application[INFO] Running --oauth2 update /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/target/SpringBootProjectWithSecurity-0.0.1-SNAPSHOTUnable to find the webapp directory /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/target/SpringBootProjectWithSecurity-0.0.1-SNAPSHOTusage: AppCfg [options] <action> [<app-dir>] [<argument>]Action must be one of: help: Print help for a specific action. download_app: Download a previously uploaded app version. request_logs: Write request logs in Apache common log format. rollback: Rollback an in-progress update. start_module_version: Start the specified module version. stop_module_version: Stop the specified module version. update: Create or update an app version. update_indexes: Update application indexes. update_cron: Update application cron jobs. update_queues: Update application task queue definitions. update_dispatch: Update the application dispatch configuration.

Could someone please help me with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Vijayakumar_psg587 April 16, 2018

So I tried to package the app as jar . Here is the complete project. I have commneted out the postgreSQL part so no concerning data source will be created

https://vijay_psg587@bitbucket.org/vijay_psg587/springbootprojectwithsecurity.git

There is this error that I get at the very end

I cannot find what the error is

Could someone from the community help me out

[INFO] GCLOUD: 58f025dfe415: Layer already exists[INFO] GCLOUD: c669caf5b2fe: Pushed[INFO] GCLOUD: latest: digest: sha256:53f498e0b3ab3fd1a629283df74fb6f14c2ce5043360e4df9755194de2d6b307 size: 2206[INFO] GCLOUD: DONE[INFO] GCLOUD: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------[INFO] GCLOUD: [INFO] GCLOUD: Updating service [default] (this may take several minutes)...[INFO] GCLOUD: ........................................................................................................................failed.[INFO] GCLOUD: ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) Error Response: [9] [INFO] GCLOUD: Application startup error:[INFO] GCLOUD: Start command: java -showversion -agentpath:/opt/cdbg/cdbg_java_agent.so=--log_dir=/var/log/app_engine,--alsologtostderr=true -Xms491M -Xmx491M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags -jar app.jar[INFO] GCLOUD: -XX:InitialHeapSize=514850816 -XX:MaxHeapSize=514850816 -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags -XX:+UseCompressedClassPointers -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseG1GC [INFO] GCLOUD: I0417 06:34:59.401672 25 jvmti_globals.cc:352] Build time: Dec 6 2017 15:08:30[INFO] GCLOUD: I0417 06:34:59.461772 25 jvmti_agent.cc:162] Java debuglet initialization started[INFO] GCLOUD: I0417 06:34:59.462419 25 jvmti_agent.cc:196] Java debuglet initialization completed[INFO] GCLOUD: I0417 06:34:59.510303 25 jvmti_agent.cc:207] Java VM started[INFO] GCLOUD: I0417 06:34:59.515746 25 jvmti_agent.cc:217] JvmtiAgent::JvmtiOnVMInit initialization time: 5443 microseconds[INFO] GCLOUD: I0417 06:34:59.515969 36 jvmti_agent_thread.cc:99] Agent thread started: CloudDebugger_main_worker_thread[INFO] GCLOUD: I0417 06:34:59.516378 36 jvm_internals.cc:376] Loading internals from /opt/cdbg/cdbg_java_agent_internals.jar[INFO] GCLOUD: openjdk version "1.8.0_131"[INFO] GCLOUD: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-8u131-b11-1~bpo8+1-b11)[INFO] GCLOUD: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)[INFO] GCLOUD: [INFO] GCLOUD: no main manifest attribute, in app.jar[INFO] GCLOUD: I0417 06:34:59.661659 36 jni_logger.cc:31] Initializing ClassPathLookup, default classpath: true, extra classpath: [], config: null

Vijayakumar_psg587 April 19, 2018

I was able to deploy successfully when packaged as war file but when I pack it as jar file I am ending up with the below issue

Could you guys please help

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------[INFO] BUILD FAILURE[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------[INFO] Total time: 02:45 min[INFO] Finished at: 2018-04-19T08:37:46Z[INFO] Final Memory: 47M/620M[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.google.cloud.tools:appengine-maven-plugin:1.3.2:deploy (default-cli) on project SpringBootProjectWithSecurity: Execution default-cli of goal com.google.cloud.tools:appengine-maven-plugin:1.3.2:deploy failed: Non zero exit: 1 -> [Help 1]org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.google.cloud.tools:appengine-maven-plugin:1.3.2:deploy (default-cli) on project SpringBootProjectWithSecurity: Execution default-cli of goal com.google.cloud.tools:appengine-maven-plugin:1.3.2:deploy failed: Non zero exit: 1 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:213) at 

dotnetCarpenter September 8, 2018

Thank you so much!

I just successfully deployed to a google cloud bucket from gitlab but I wouldn't have been able to figure out the `gcloud auth activate-service-account --key-file gcloud-api-key.json` part without looking over your shoulder.

In gitlab you run docker images and I cheated a little and started out with the google/cloud-sdk:latest docker image so I didn't have to install cloud-sdk. But that I had to base64 my json, I wouldn't have figured - great recipe - sorry you had so many difficulties.

Vijayakumar_psg587 November 7, 2018

Thank you :) . Great to know that it helped you out

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events