Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git was not found on the PATH for Bitbucket. Install Git 2.11.0+, and restart Bitbucket.

Mani November 9, 2019

Hello All,

I am trying to install Bitbucket in Mac machine. I am getting below error.

"Git was not found on the PATH for Bitbucket. Install Git 2.11.0+, and restart Bitbucket".

Installed Git version 2.21.0

added following property in bitbucket.properties and restarted the server still it is showing the same error

plugin.bitbucket-git.path.executable=/usr/local/bin/git

Thanks in advance,

Manikanta 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2019

@Mani 

Hi Mani

which Bitbucket version are you running

Had a look to 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-config-properties-776640155.html

and it seems to a kind of leftover 

With the new path searching performed by DefaultGitBinaryHelper, setting a default value here is unnecessary, as the plugin will quickly discard the value. This is left here purely for documenting how to set an explicit path.

From my point of view the easiest approach would be to ensure that the PATH variable of the runtime user you use for bitbucket contains the path to the directory your git binary is located

Cheers

Kurt

Mani November 9, 2019

Hi @Kurt Klinner ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed 6.7.2 version.

Thanks in advance,

Manikanta

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2019

@Mani 

Let me know if changing the PATH variable solves your issue

Cheers

Kurt

Mani November 10, 2019

Hi @Kurt Klinner

Issue got resolved after restarting the system.

Thanks,

Manikanta

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2019

@Mani 

Hi Manikanta

Great to hear that.

Would be great if you could set this issue to answered (so that others get an idea)

Cheers

Kurt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events