Git Stash always shows empty repository

weddins September 9, 2013

I've setup a demonstration setup of Git Stash, attached to a Postgres SQL database. Setup went fine, and I created a new user, a single project, and a single repository in that project.

After pushing my repository to the server, the web interface still thinks the repository is empty:

You have an empty repository

To get started you will need to run these commands in your terminal.

I tried cloning the repository and verified that all the files were successfully pushed and pulled. So, the git part of the server seems to work fine, it's only the web interface that does not think it has files.

git ls-remote origin also verifies that the HEAD is the same both locally and on the server.

Possibly related: The "Audit log" tab under the project level settings and repository settings will never load. The "Pull Requests" tab will also not load.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
weddins September 9, 2013

It turned out the Stash application was starting up as the wrong user. I ditched my own script and used the init.d linux script suggested in the documentation, corrected the permissions on the stash-home directory, and everything ended up working after a reboot!

0 votes
vmadaan July 2, 2018

I have same issue, everytime I have to restart after creating a new repo.

Any resolution?

0 votes
Robert Sowers September 17, 2015

We are having the same problem. Pretty sure in our case it's the hooks. How can we correct/reinstall these?

0 votes
jhinch _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2013

If you haven't already I would suggest raising a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com so that we can take a look at your logs and perform further diagnosis.

From the sounds of it it seems like the post-receive hooks installed into the repository by stash are not being executed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events