Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git/Source Tree show that I changed files that I have not

Tommy Peterson September 2, 2019

I have used Netbeans for years. But just recently within the last month I started using Netbeans 11. I started a new project where some developers use MACs, some Windows, and I think one uses Linux. We all use different editors. I am the only Netbeans user. We have a git/bitbucket repo that we all work together on. The windows users such as myself use Source tree for Git/bitbucket/repo file management. I am being told that Netbeans 11 is causing a problem for myself (and the team). After researching the issue, I personally think it is the global git/bitbucket repo settings. But the problem has happened several times to me since starting the project on 08/01. (And at least one other developer said it used to happen to him until he switched from one non-Netbeans editor to another. I am not quite clear if it has happened again lately to him or not.) When I go to commit and push my changes through Source tree I see a list of files that other developers have edited/committed/pushed and I pulled in my staging area (unstaged files) as if I had changed them which I have not. The changes are the exact same changes as the original editor/developer made. So there is nothing new—no new apparent changes—not even a slip of the keyboard on my part and an additional blank line or whatever. I don’t even recall opening said files. So after researching this online I see that others have had similar issues. While Netbeans was never mentioned as the culprit in these online posts, I wanted to ask here as an Atlassian developer for Source tree pointed the finger at git/bitbucket global settings. What would you suggest I say to the members of my team who are suggesting that I need to either make a change to the way Netbeans works to stop this or use a new editor? I prefer Netbeans. So I don’t want to change editors. I've used it for years and never had this problem before. The project, if it matters, is a PHP, Slim framework project with some Javascript/JQuery files. I have found this Stackoverflow and Git/Atlassian help articles that I think speak to my personal opinion on what is causing this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/sourcetree-shows-unstaged-files-of-files-I-did-not-change/qaq-p/329327 and https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15958446/sourcetree-app-says-uncommitted-changes-even-for-newly-cloned-repository-what. Locally, I have autocrlf=true by the way. I would appreciate any help you can offer.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events