Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git Server and Git Clients setup guide

Qadeer GHouri October 1, 2012

He dears,

i have installed Stash and Git 1.7+ .and after successful login to Stash, i managed to create Project and then its first Repository, and then i have been asked to add command to git command tool to configure Repository, i have followd the steps after , i have seen my file in Stash, file browser of that Repository.

Now the thing is , that file is for local repository, i have 5 PC attached with the system, and i want to give access them to use a remote Repository container and do the necessary actoin on repository.

for that i should have a Client-Server type of setup.

I have searched but no success So far.

Kindly Help me.

Reagrds,

AQG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

Hi, Stash IS a Git server. You can connect with a Git client of your choice. I mainly either use Git directly from Linux command line or via Eclipse's egit plugin.

Qadeer GHouri October 7, 2012

Thanks Harry:

i have worked with the basic Repository Creation with Stash. Now i want to have a More Broad GUI GIT CLIENT . which works at different LAN connected PC and can work with a centerlized Repository which a Stash Created.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

http://git-scm.com/downloads/guis - here's a list from the official Git site. If you are using Mac then definitely Source Tree by Atlassian.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2012

If you have Windows XP and you're familiar with TortoiseSVN you can give TortoiseGit a try http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/

Oh Thanks.

I did with Most of the Tools, but the Problem is that, there is no specific help given for these tools, I m working with Windows XP and Stash Software is Installed in Virtual Machine.

Thanks Harry:

I will try, and Hope i will get it, if not i will ask more .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events