Git LFS out of file storage error

Mahesh September 18, 2020

We have purchased a Standard Plan and we have more than 20GB of large binary files. As per the FAQ page, if we cross the 5GB LFS then we will be automatically charged $10/month for every 100GB. But when I was pushing files to the remote repository using SourceTree, it is showing "Your LFS push failed because your account is out of file storage" error message on the screen. How can I buy an extra LFS?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2020

Hi Mahesh,

Which workspace does this repository belong to? I can see in our system that your Bitbucket Cloud account has access to two workspaces and both of them are on the Free plan.

If you only need extra LFS space, you should be able to purchase extra LFS storage only. If you are an admin of the workspace, you can go to workspace Settings > Plan Details > Upgrade plan > in the new page that opens, select the link Add Overage > Yes, change my plan > proceed with entering billing details and then Purchase.

Please feel free to let me know if this works for you and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Mahesh September 18, 2020

Hi Theodara,

I am using a workspace called "Ram Lakshmanan". I was informed by my manager, that he has purchased the Standard plan. But as I am checking in workspace settings, it still shows a free plan.

I have around 8-10 member's in my team and I will need extra LFS to store binaries Can you suggest which plan we should buy?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2020

Hi Mahesh,

If you plan on adding more than 5 users to this workspace's repos, then you will need either the Standard or the Premium plan. Both plans allow for more than 5 users.

There might have been a glitch when your manager tried to upgrade to the Standard plan, I would suggest trying the upgrade one more time and let me know if there are still issues.

The Standard plan comes with 5GB LFS and the Premium with 10GB. However, considering that you need 20GB, this can be added as an overage with either plan.

The price for the Standard plan is $3 per user/month with a flat rate of $15/month for 1 - 5 users, while for the Premium plan $6 per user/month, with a flat rate of $30/month for 1 - 5 users.

I would suggest looking also into the features that the Premium plan offers in order to make a decision.

Features offered by the Premium plan only are:

• Enforcing merge checks in pull requests
  • Setting deployment permissions (for Pipelines)
  • Allowing access to workspace repos only from certain IPs
  • Require that users who access the workspace content have 2FA enabled in their account
  • Smart mirroring

If you don't need any of the features above you can go with the Standard plan, otherwise you can opt for the Premium.

You can also have a look at the following page for a comparison:

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Mahesh September 21, 2020

Hello Theodara,

We have upgraded to a Standard plan and now I am able to store files in LFS.

Thank you!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2020

Hi Mahesh,

That's good to hear, thank you for the update and you are very welcome!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events