Git Credentials Manager For Windows

Muhammad Younas December 1, 2017

I am using bitbucket It was working fine before a few days ago I do not what happened now every time if I try to push the code or update the code it opens the windows credentials windows and I do not the username and password. I try all the solutions which found but did not work.

Untitled.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Hi Muhammad! The credentials that Git Credential Manager is asking are the same username and password that you use for your Bitbucket account. If you have access to the Bitbucket account, you should be able to access that too. If you don't remember you can try resetting your Bitbucket password at https://bitbucket.org/account/password/reset/

Let us know if you need any help :)

Best regards,

Ana 

Muhammad Younas December 3, 2017

I signup with google account I try that account but its not working 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Hi Muhammad, if the credentials work when you log in using the browser, it means there are no authentication issues. The problem must be then with the Git Credential Manager or with Android Studio.  

One more thing you can attempt is to first trying to log in with your email address and then with your bitbucket username, to see if any of them are accepted. If you're still having problems after that, my recommendation would be to remove all the existing credentials from the Git Credential Manager (in case any of them is interfering) or reach out to Android Studio and see if they have any authentication issue at the moment. 

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events