Getting 'Repository is over the size limit (4GB)..' message even after use LFS git option

Lucero Penarrieta Vergara May 11, 2022

I changed the repository to LFS configuration, also the corresponding migration was performed but the size still displayed as more than 4GB in the repository, not able to do the push of my changes, there is a way to clean these files migrated and also push my recent changes?

2 answers

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2022

Hi @Lucero Penarrieta Vergara,

I see that you created a ticket with the support team, one of our engineers ran a git gc for your repo and its size has been reduced.

We have a feature request to allow users to run a git gc for their remote repos https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-11593

You can add your vote to the feature request if you'd be interested in that and you can also add yourself as a watcher if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

Hi @Lucero Penarrieta Vergara,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I have notified Atlassian support team that is here on the community and they should be able to help soon. 

Thank you so much @Mikael Sandberg , really need to fix this as soon as possible!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Hi @Mikael Sandberg there is any update about this? still waiting for the support team.

Lucero Penarrieta Vergara May 12, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg please could you help me to solve this? don't have any updates for the moment, and is critical for my project to fix this as soon as possible! could you redirect this ticket to @Atlassian Support  ? 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

@Lucero Penarrieta Vergara like most of the community leaders on here I am an Atlassian customer and have not insight into other customers instances. I have notified the support team on here, they usually responds within 24 hours.

I assume you have followed all the steps to reduce the repository outlined here.

Lucero Penarrieta Vergara May 12, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg yes, I followed those steps, but even with that not able to manage my repository, also really need support here because critical changes to my repo are here, actually, I already moved to LFS git to reduce the size but the repo still pointing to more than 4GB, so we are blocked right now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events