cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the public ssh keys of a user

Stephanos Papanikolopoulos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2023

I'm looking for the equivalent of

https://github.com/{username}.keys

or https://gitlab.com/{username}.keys

to get the publish ssh keys for a bitbucket user, given their username.

2 answers

0 votes
Julien P_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

Hello @Patrik S , I'd like to voice my support of this proposition.

In a GitOps approach, having this feature would help ensure that a team using BitBucket can consider BitBucket it as a source of truth for public ssh key management.

Not having this feature means currently that management of such keys cannot be done in BitBucket, unlike other SCMs.

It being a feature of GitHub, Gitlab, Gitea, and probably a lot of other Git servers, I think it should be considered by the BitBucket team as a standard feature to be implemented, ensuring that BitBucket can be on par with the competitors on this.

I've voted for the issue on Jira, and added myself to the watcher list.

Thank you!

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2023

Hello @Stephanos Papanikolopoulos  and welcome to the Community!

Currently, it's only possible to list the public SSH keys of the authenticated user using the endpoint List SSH Keys ,so I'm afraid you won't be able to get the public keys of a user other than the one who's authenticating the request.

I went ahead and raised a feature request to implement the ability to get a user's public SSH key by providing the username, which you can access using the following link : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @Stephanos Papanikolopoulos !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events