Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Development on BitBucket?

WopsS January 6, 2014

Hi, I'm new in Bitbucket / GitHub etc. so can I upload a 2GB+ files on it for game development?

Thanks in advice!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

This should answer your question: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=273877699

As for the intent of using git, i think this pretty much sums it up: If a lot of your files are extremely large or if your files are binaries or executables, you should understand Git or Mercurial will not work well with them.

HTH

0 votes
rummy apk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2023

Hello! Uploading large files, like 2GB+ files for game development, to Bitbucket or GitHub may not be the best practice. While these platforms are excellent for version control and collaboration, they have limitations on file size, and hosting large binary files, such as game assets, can be challenging.

GitHub, for example, has a 100MB file size limit for individual files, and even if you use Git LFS (Large File Storage) for larger files, you might encounter limitations and potential storage costs.

Bitbucket has similar restrictions on file sizes, and exceeding them may lead to performance issues or the need for a premium plan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events