Mohan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Hi Mohan,

Unfortunately Stash does not yet have a way to do anything of those things. That might actually make a nifty little plugin. As far as I'm aware there isn't a immediate plan to introduce that into Stash, although you're welcome to raise a feature request.

Undoing commits might be a little problematic given that unless it's the tip of branch there could be merge conflicts, which we couldn't do much about.

Cheers,

Charles

Mohan Krishnan March 24, 2013

I guess we cannot view Tags as well in Stash Web GUI ?

If the branch and Tag creation facility is not inbuilt in Stash , How can we achieve this ?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Hey Mohan,

You can certainly view commits/files from a given tag by using the branch selector. Is that what you mean?

Creating branches/tags can be done locally on a cloned repository and then pushed to Stash. eg

git tag my_tag
git branch my_branch
git push origin my_tag my_branch

Cheers,

Charles

Thanks Charles .

Where can i find teh branch selector for a given tag ?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2013

When you're viewing files or commits there is a branch selector up the top-left, where you can select a branch or tag to change the current view.

Charles

Thanks Charles , I will try out the stuff as you indicated.

Can we push/merge a branch to another branch using Stash ? I want to avoid the usage of pull requests and additionaly want to attach a commit messages with the push/merge operation.

Thanks again for all the help

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2013

Hi Mohan,

You can certainly do that. In Git you have to think of branches more as pointers or named references than a heavy 'branch. So creating a branch on another branch is as simple as "attaching" another pointer.

I recommend reading GitPro for more information about how Git works. I've found it helps make using Git a much more enjoyable experience.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events