Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From nothing, started getting this error make not found

Gleison Silva April 28, 2023

Hello!

Since yesterday a pipeline that I've running over three years started given an error like this:

make: command not found

In one of the commands in this pipeline I do make a call to old good make to run a few things and it don't work anymore without I've change anything in the pipeline configuration or even the image.

Can someone point me some path do resolve it?

Tks

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Gleison Silva ,

Erez gave a good suggestion. I just wanted to add, please make sure that you haven't defined a workspace, repository, or deployment variable named PATH; this is also a common issue for such an error. This happens because the shell uses PATH to find commands, so if you replace its usual list of locations then certain commands won't work anymore.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Erez Maadani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2023

Hi @Gleison Silva 

My hunch is that your base image needs to be upgraded.

Most base image contains OS distros which in turn are based on applications like package managers, which sometimes restrict the downloads for old OS versions. For example, see this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Recently-Pipeline-apt-get-update-Fails/qaq-p/2340127#M93155 for an apt command which stopped working on debbian 9.

As a start, I would suggest to check the dockerfile of your base image and see if there are newer tags for this image.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events