Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firebase pipeline authentication error

Reza B August 21, 2020

Hi community

I am trying to auto-deploy my Vue.js app to Fireabse hosting, so I created a pipeline for that in my Bitbucket repo, with the following content, but the issue is right after building the app and deploying it to Firebase I get this error: 

Error: HTTP Error: 401, Request had invalid authentication credentials. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.

I am sure my access token is valid, as I generated it with login:ci . 

Why am I getting an authentication error?

bitbucket-pipelines.yml

image: node
pipelines: default:

- step: name: Test

script: - npm install && npm test

- step:

name: Build

script: - npm install && npm run build

artifacts: - build/**

- step:

name: Deploy to Firebase deployment: production

script: -

pipe: atlassian/firebase-deploy:0.2.1

variables:

FIREBASE_TOKEN: $1XXXXXXXXXXXX

PROJECT_ID: $XXXXXXXXXXXXX

1 answer

0 votes
tomcatbuzz May 12, 2021

I recently had the same problem. Many others solved this by doing firebase logout and firebase login to refresh their credentials in the cli. I actually had to run firebase login:ci which regenerates a new TOKEN you can use in your project Bitbucket repo under Repository Settings > Repository Variables. I deleted my old token and just Created a new one with the new token and it worked again. Hope this helps if you haven't solved it yet. 

Venkatesh Bachu November 15, 2022

Thanks alot for the answer. I saw this happen again to me today. Indeed regenerating a new TOKEN using $firebase login:ci helped.

Seems like the TOKEN gets expired after a few days (inactivity) maybe ?

Is there a way someone figured out, how to avoid this happening again ?

Like # people like this
tomcatbuzz November 15, 2022

As far as I know the token should not expire. I recently sent a push using the pipeline and everything seemed to be working still. I also keep my global firebase-tools updated on my pc, but that should only effect my working environment. There is a possibility of some updates occurring, like sometimes Bitbucket updates their templates we use to deploy to firebase hosting, etc. In 1 project I have the pipe for atlassian/firebase-deploy:0.3.4 and a newer project it is 1.2.0. But I doubt that has any effect on the TOKEN giving in the cli, that basically grants access to run the deploy. I googled for answers and still did found WHY that happens yet. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events