Firebase deploy Plugin Permission

Hassan Ghandour July 18, 2022

We want to use firebase plugin for the bitbucket pipelines, but we are having trouble in identifying the permission required for this .

Our objective is not to have excess permission for the bitbucket pipeline service account.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2022

Hi Hassan,

Are you referring to the following pipe?

Could you please also clarify what permissions you are referring to? You mention the permissions of a Bitbucket service account, however, the firebase-deploy pipe does not have any variables for setting up Bitbucket account credentials.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hassan Ghandour July 20, 2022

@Theodora Boudale yes i am refering to that pipe. 

Each service account has a set of permission that needs to be provided - So that it can deploy to the project such as cloud Builder permission and others.

Right not i can provide it the admin permission in order to solve this issue, but that means excessive permission are given to that service account.

What i want is to identify exactly what permission are needed for the service account to deploy the cf & hosting - https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/permissions-reference

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2022

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for the clarification. In this case, I think it's best to reach out to Firebase support, as this concerns the set up of the Firebase project and Google account for deployment, which is outside the scope of our support.

I found this documentation which may be useful:

In case it doesn't answer your question, I would suggest contacting the Firebase support team.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events