cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find BitBucket Commits, PRs, and Reviews per Issue via SQL

Tom Svitak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

From Jira, I can see within the Developemnt panel that there are a certain number of commits, pull requests, and reviews for a particular issue. How do I query that within SQL so we can start to report on it in a dashboard outside of Jira?

jira shot.png

1 answer

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hey @Tom Svitak and welcome to the Community!  Have a look here.  HTH!

Tom Svitak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

@Laurie Sciutti Terrific place to start! Thank you so much for the timely reply.

I should have done a better job clarifying what I'm trying to do.  I'm trying to find details (i.e. time stamps, environments, etc.) about the particular commits and pull requests, etc. For example, if I clicked on those 32 commits, I'd see when they were done, by whom, etc. Same with the reviews and PRs. Presumably a PR might be rejected by QA and I'm trying to see how frequently we have rework. 

The end result is ultimately to statistics that answer a question like "Which issues have the most re-work by the software team?"

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hm.  Maybe something like below (change your status values accordingly)?  This assumes that you have incorporated something in your workflow (maybe triggers for this to happen automatically) or process that indicates a Story should move from some development review status back to an "in development" status.  Then report on whatever fields you'd like to have included (i.e. environment, assignee).  Another alternative would be to run this query directly in BitBucket ~ it might be more accurate...

type = Story AND status changed FROM "Awaiting Code Review" TO "In Progress" and development[pullrequests].declined > 1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events