Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files/folders go missing when building multi-stage docker image in bitbucket pipelines

Drakenkor February 28, 2022

I have two dockerfiles that I use to build a docker image that's deployed as a AWS Lambda. and I would like to retain the files from docker image amazon/aws-lambda-python:3.9 in my final built docker image. I build the public docker image and publish it on docker hub.

When I build this docker image locally everything is as expected.

However, when I use Bitbucket pipelines to build my private dockerfile pulling from my public docker image, many of the essential files are missing in the final build step.

I need the entire /var folder from amazon/aws-lambda-python:3.9 as aws to be in my final docker image. How can I achieve this?

Public docker image:

FROM amazon/aws-lambda-python:3.9 as aws

ENV PATH=/var/lang/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/:/bin:/opt/bin
ENV LAMBDA_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/runtime
ENV LANG=en_US.UTF-8
ENV TZ=:/etc/localtime
ENV LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lang/lib:/lib64:/usr/lib64:/var/runtime:/var/runtime/lib:/var/task:/var/task/lib:/opt/lib
ENV LAMBDA_TASK_ROOT=/var/task

RUN yum update -y
RUN yum -y install tesseract poppler-utils
RUN python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
RUN pip3 install pillow pytesseract requests boto3 python-dotenv pytz gql[all] PyMuPDF google-cloud-storage pdf2image --target "${LAMBDA_TASK_ROOT}"
WORKDIR ${LAMBDA_TASK_ROOT}

ENTRYPOINT [ "/lambda-entrypoint.sh" ]

Private docker image:

FROM private-docker-image:latest

ENV PATH=/var/lang/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/:/bin:/opt/bin
ENV LANG=en_US.UTF-8
ENV TZ=:/etc/localtime
ENV LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lang/lib:/lib64:/usr/lib64:/var/runtime:/var/runtime/lib:/var/task:/var/task/lib:/opt/lib
ENV LAMBDA_TASK_ROOT=/var/task
COPY --from=amazon/aws-lambda-python:3.9 / /
COPY . ${LAMBDA_TASK_ROOT}
WORKDIR ${LAMBDA_TASK_ROOT}
RUN chmod -R +rwx ${LAMBDA_TASK_ROOT}
RUN chmod +x /lambda-entrypoint.sh
CMD [ "app.handler" ]

1 answer

0 votes
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2022

Hi @Drakenkor 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support, I'm Norbert from Bitbucket Cloud Support, it's nice to meet with you!

Can you give me an example for the folder/file names which are missing in the /var directory? I'm going to try to build the same Dockerfile on my Pipelines, that you did locally and it succeeded.

Also can you let me know whether if you were using Bitbucket Runners or not? Once I have information I'm going to reproduce your steps.

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events