Feature Request: Add Repository Organzation

Damon Sutherland January 16, 2023

In our organization, Projects are assigned to dev teams and each dev team creates repos. Our repos span typical development project types like:

• server applications
  • UI applications
  • IAC

What I would like to do is add labels, or tags (not git tags), to our repositories and have the UI organize by label in a folder-like structure. Alternatively, making folders purely for organization (allowing a repo to belong to multiple folders) would also work.

Anyway, I know there was a feature request back in 2015 for something similar. It was closed because of the addition of Projects. Unfortunately, Projects do not solve our problem. What we need is a simple way to re-render our repository view.

Is this possible today and I am just missing it? If it is not possible, how can I escalate this to a feature request?

NOTE: We are currently self-hosted, but are moving to Cloud hosted in the next 30 days.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2023

Hi Damon and welcome to the community!

This is not possible at the moment, there is an existing feature request in our issue tracker:

This is not in our roadmap at the moment, but the feature request is still open and you can add your vote (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) and feedback about your use case there.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events