Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature: Add configuration variables to Heroku Deploy pipeline

Kevin Shelley May 6, 2022

I would like the ability to add configuration variables to the Heroku Deploy script, which would allow me to do things like update the app version number or dynamically change the environment based on results from an API call.

Something like:

- step:
name: Deploy to production
deployment: production
caches:
- pip
script:
- pipe: atlassian/heroku-deploy:1.2.1
variables:
HEROKU_API_KEY: $HEROKU_API_KEY
HEROKU_APP_NAME: $HEROKU_APP_NAME
ZIP_FILE: app-name.tar.gz
WAIT: "true"
CONFIG:
APP_VERSION: 2.0.$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER

Edit: To clarify, I mean this would update the Config Vars for this app on Heroku.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Kevin Shelley

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

I understand that you'd like to add a configuration variable to the Heroku Deploy Pipes script (atlassian/heroku-deploy) specifically overriding the App version number.

Apart from overriding the App version number, I'd just like to kindly ask what other variables you'd like to override or what other dynamic change you'd like to achieve?

This is for accurately creating a feature request regarding the Pipes script.

Thanks and looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Mark C

Kevin Shelley May 11, 2022

@Mark C  honestly any config var in general. Off the top of my head I'd like the app version to change, but would love the flexibility to change any of the config vars for an app so I have more control in Bitbucket and maybe need less access to Heroku going forward:

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 15.37.54.png

Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

Hi @Kevin Shelley

Thanks for that information.
I went ahead and created a feature request for it that can be located through this link. - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-21895

You can upvote and watch it for now so that you'll be notified of any updates from our team when the feature becomes available on Bitbucket Cloud.

Please do note that we don't have an exact ETA for the feature request as all new features will be implemented according to our policy here.

Hope it helps and do let me know if you have further questions that I can help with.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events