Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to setup bitbucket pipeline runners

Anas PA January 7, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to setup Bitbucket Pipeline Runners in my on premise system. It is under a VPN network. Also, the system is (CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003).

While running the command

docker container run -it -v /tmp:/tmp -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /var/lib/docker/containers:/var/lib/docker/containers:ro -e ACCOUNT_UUID={<uuid>} -e REPOSITORY_UUID={<uuid>} -e RUNNER_UUID={<uuid>} -e RUNTIME_PREREQUISITES_ENABLED=true -e OAUTH_CLIENT_ID=<client id> -e OAUTH_CLIENT_SECRET=<secret> -e WORKING_DIRECTORY=/tmp --name <runner name> docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-runner:1 

I got the command during the creation of runner

The output of this command is

+ ./entrypoint.sh
[2022-01-07 10:54:12,880] Runner version: 1.267
[2022-01-07 10:54:12,945] Runner runtime: linux-docker
[2022-01-07 10:54:16,642] Copying Docker cli to working directory.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1."
at java.base/java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.pipelines.runner.core.runtime.linux.docker.LinuxDockerRuntimeSetup.lambda$verifyDockerRequirements$2(LinuxDockerRuntimeSetup.java:91)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleMap$MapSingleObserver.onSuccess(SingleMap.java:57)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleDoOnError$DoOnError.onSuccess(SingleDoOnError.java:52)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleMap$MapSingleObserver.onSuccess(SingleMap.java:64)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleObserveOn$ObserveOnSingleObserver.run(SingleObserveOn.java:81)
at io.reactivex.Scheduler$DisposeTask.run(Scheduler.java:608)
at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.run(ScheduledRunnable.java:66)
at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.call(ScheduledRunnable.java:57)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Screenshot 2022-01-07 163219.png

Due to this runner setup is failing. Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Anas PA,

What version of Docker are you using on this machine? You can check with docker --version command.

I have seen very similar errors reported when the version of Docker used is older than v19.03 that we support.
See here:

Minimum Requirements

• A 64-Bit Linux instance with at least 8GB of RAM as a host for the runner.
    • More RAM may be required for builds with 2x-Steps or build services.
  • Docker v19.03 and above - Install Docker

If the version of Docker you are running is older than that, can you upgrade it to v19.03 or newer, and then give it another try?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Anas PA January 10, 2022

Thank you for the response.

Docker version is given below.

Docker version 1.13.1, build 7d71120/1.13.1
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Anas PA,

This version of Docker is older than what is needed for Pipelines Runners to work, you need to have Docker version 19.03 and above.

You can take a look at the following documentation:

It includes instructions on how to uninstall older versions of Docker on CentOS, and then install the latest one or a specific version.

You should be able to use Pipelines Runners if your system has a newer version of Docker.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Anas PA January 12, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

Thank you very much.

I could able to setup it perfectly.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2022

Thank you for the update @Anas PA, it's good to hear that you could set it up!

You are very welcome and please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events