Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issues while committing the code to Bitbucket repository

Anmol Chhabra July 25, 2021

Hi Team,

I have changed my Bitbucket password on Monday and from thereafter, I am able to clone the project from bitbucket using GitBash, however I am not able to commit/push/pull any file. When I tried to commit any file from Eclipse IDE, I am facing the below error:

My account user name and email Id  is <removed for security reasons> <email removed for security reasons> and I am able to login to my BitBucket account on Web browser without any issues. See below screenshot:

Please assist me to resolve this issue. I am facing from one week.

Thank you so much in advance.

You can email me at <email removed for security reasons> for any queries.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2021

Hi, @Anmol Chhabra! Welcome to the community! 

Could you please confirm if you are facing problems to commit/push/pull just when using Eclipse IDE? Or are you facing this when using Git Bash too?

The reason I’m asking this is that my assumption is that the old Bitbucket password is stored somewhere in Eclipse settings. Most of these applications have their own Git client where the account’s credentials can be stored, so the old password could be stored somewhere in Eclipse settings. 

In this case, could you please check where exactly your Bitbucket account’s credentials are configured there and change the saved password?

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to share any additional questions regarding this case. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Anmol Chhabra July 29, 2021

Hi @Caroline R

Thank you for looking into this. I am facing the commit/push/pull files issues on both GitBash and from Eclipse IDE.

Also, I am facing this issue from SourceTree Tool as well. Below is the screenshot for reference:

SourceTree.png

Kindly help!

Thank you in advance!

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2021

Hi, Anmol! 

Thanks for the additional information. It seems to be a problem with cached passwords. Could you please remove all the passwords related to Bitbucket that are stored on your machine?

Also, you can either create an App Password or an SSH key to authenticate to the remote Bitbucket repositories.

In order to create an App Password, you can follow the next steps:

1. From your avatar in the bottom left, click Personal Settings;

2. Click App passwords under Access management;

3. Click Create app password;

4. Give the app password a name related to the application that will use the password;

5. Select the specific access and permissions you want this application password to have;

6. Copy the generated password and either record or paste it into the application you want to give access to. 

7. The password is only displayed this one time.

If you would like to read more about App Passwords you can access this documentation: App passwords.

And, in case you would like to create an SSH key, the following documentation has a very good explanation on how to create and add it to Bitbucket:

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you face any other obstacles. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Like Rishab Jula likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events