Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploring Source files doesn't always show Last commit and Message

Carl Smith August 9, 2021

Does anyone else have issues when browsing the Source files and directories, where the "Last commit" and "Message" fail to appear?:

Screenshot 2021-08-09 161705.png

It only appears to occur when there are a lot of directories with a lot of files, as when you start to navigate inside one, they eventually appear in there. But for any that fails, Dev Tools flags a 500 error from the URL similar to this: https://bitbucket.org/!api/internal/repositories/WORKSPACE_ID/REPOSITORY/srcdir-with-metadata/HASH/app/code/FishPig/WordPress . The response returns a JSON: {"type": "error", "error": {"message": "Something went wrong", "id": "HASH"}} . My suspicion is that it times out. If you leave it for a while and refresh, it will eventually work. It will be good however if this can be fixed. Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2021

I think it works in the "lazily load and display" way you described by design.

It has always been like that. I'd guess it is because is an expensive operation (that probably requires running a Git command in the background) so Atlassian only does it when it is really necessary.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events