Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing a script upon new branch creation?

Travis Wheatley October 19, 2020

My current project uses multiple repositories and we are using tsrc as a higher level repository management tool to avoid the messiness associated with git submodules. However, our current workflow requires developers to manually modify a couple of tsrc related .yml files each time they create a new branch in order for our automated testing tool (Jenkins) to be aware of the new development branch. I would like to automate the modification of those .yml files so that it will be transparent to the developer. I have heard of pipelines as well as hook scripts but have no real practical knowledge of using them as of yet. I am wondering what would be the best way to set things up such that when a developer clicks "Create Branch" in Jira a script will be run after the new branch is created that would make the necessary modifications to those .yml files.

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

Create an automation rule with the Better DevOps Automation app and use:

1. The Branch Created trigger
  2. One of these recipes to execute Groovy, Python, .bat or .sh scripts

(Discl. it is a paid and supported and I'm a developer working on it.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events