Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Exclude folders in the upload step of aws-code-deploy

I'm using the aws-code-deploy to deploy my code to AWS. I have various folders in my repo that I don't need in the upload stel (like .git, src and tests). 

I noticed that the aws-s3-deploy pipe has the option to exclude certain folders using the EXTRA ARGS parameter, for instance like this:

EXTRA_ARGS: '--exclude=.git/* --exclude=src/* --exclude=tests/*

However, this doesn't seem to work for aws-code-deploy. Is there another way to exclude folders and files in the upload step?

2 answers

The solution turned out to be excluding the folders in the zip command. Here's what I'm running now:

- step:
name: Build
script:
- cd app/../ && zip -r myapp.zip * .[^.]* -x 'tests/*' -x 'src/*' -x '.git/*' -x 'gulp/*'
artifacts:
- myapp.zip

This excludes the tests, src, gulp and .git folders. 

1 vote

@rickhaasteren  hi. Thanks for your question.

I did not found here how to exclude some folders from deploy. So i doubt we can implement such feature in aws-code-deploy pipe. Keep in mind that EXTRA_ARGS in aws-s3-deploy and aws-code-deploy are not the same variables.

After some investigation i found this article. Maybe it can help you.

Also when you do upload with aws-code-deploy you can provide needed ZIP_FILE (with excluded directories) before you do deploy with aws-code-deploy.

Regards, Igor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

3,449 views 3 10
Read article

Atlassian Community Events