Error in logs after upgrading to Subversion plugin Version 0.10.12

It appears the latest Subversion plugin is now a type 2 plugin and can be installed via the UPM. I followed the uninstall directions for our current install of the plugin and then installed the latest version via the UPM. I am seeing the following error in our logs on startup of JIRA:

2013-07-24 15:12:13,496 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore] Unable to create a service config for service with t
he name : Subversion Revision Indexing Service
com.atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore$ClassNotFoundServiceException: Could not find class: com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.Rev
isionIndexService

Is this class still needed with the type 2 install? How do I resovle this error?

JIRA v6.0.2

Subversion plugin v 0.10.12

2 answers

1 accepted

It appears this service is not being removed when the plugin is removed:

Subversion Revision Indexing Service

com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.RevisionIndexService
Once removed, JIRA started up with no errors in the log.

Hi Jeanne,

Please proceed with the following steps:

- Shutdown JIRA;
- Browse to $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib
- Delete the following files if you have any:

1. atlassian-jira-subversion-plugin-0.10.x.jar
2. svnkit-1.7.4.jar
3. trilead-ssh2-build213-svnkit-1.3-patch.jar

- Now, browse to $JIRA_INSTALL/lib; Check if you haven't the same files on this directory. If it's the case, remove the files as well:

1. atlassian-jira-subversion-plugin-0.10.x.jar
2. svnkit-1.7.4.jar
3. trilead-ssh2-build213-svnkit-1.3-patch.jar

- Remove also the content from the following directories:

- $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
- $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
- $JIRA_INSTALL/work

- Start JIRA and try to reinstall JIRA Subversion Plugin 0.10.2. I strongly believe it will fix the problem. :)

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Lucas,

I have followed your instructions and I am still getting the class not found error.

I am also seeing this:

I am also seeing this error: 013-07-24 16:37:27,097 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [core.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] SQL Exception while executing the following:
CREATE INDEX node_id_index_operation_time_idx ON replicatedindexoperation (NODE_ID, AFFECTED_INDEX, OPERATION, INDEX_TIME)
Error was: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00972: identifier is too long

better add one step before Shutdown JIRA, that's delete the subversion service first:)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

2,045 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you