Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding SSH Key: "Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.

Francisco Gonzalez June 11, 2022

Hi, 

I added my SSH Key to a repo before adding it to my personal settings. Then I removed from repository and tried to add to Personal Settings SSH Keys, but I'm getting the message in the title.

I have seen similar issues here, but I just created this account, and have got just one repository. So not sure where the conflict key might be.

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Francisco Gonzalez 

G'Day!

Can you re-generate the SSH key for your personal account if you are not using it elsewhere? If you can't, then we may need to create a support ticket to locate the current public SSH key.

Let me know if you wish to use the current public SSH key.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Francisco Gonzalez June 15, 2022

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but may the issue be that I am already using this SSH Key in a different account? i.e. SSH Keys must be unique in the whole bitbucket and not per account?

In my case, I just went for HTTP url using app token.

Thank you for your reply!

Cheers

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2022

Hey @Francisco Gonzalez 

Yes, you are right. SSH key can only be used on a single account/repositories, so if you already use it somewhere else, you can't re-use it.

The workaround is to find the SSH and remove it or re-generate a new public SSH key if you can't locate it.

Using HTTPS is also a workaround to avoid using the same SSH key.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events