Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Making this repository private requires more users than kaesystems has on their plan

Özgecan Sarı March 28, 2023

Hello,
I've made a private repository publicly available. And now, I want to make it private again but I get an error saying: "Making this repository private requires more users than ******* has on their plan". I don't why I'm getting this error. Can you help me with this issue?
Thanks and regards,
Özgecan Sarı.

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2023

Hey Özgecan,

I have censored the name of your workspace as this is a public forum.

The number of users attributed to your workspace is defined as any users who have access to private repositories. 

By making a public repository private, any users who had access to this repository when it was public now count as billable users when it is private.

I have checked and can see that your payment method was declined multiple times in March (9th, 11th, 13th) and therefore you were downgraded from a Standard plan to a Free plan (which has a cap of 5 users), hence why you are facing this issue.

Please refer to the article I have authored below for assistance with resolving this issue:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bbkb/fix-error-your-push-failed-because-the-account-has-exceeded-its-user-limit-1183680240.html

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events