Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote url
Error: Logon failed, use ctrl+c to cancel basic credential prompt.
I would like to ask for some additional information so we can better help you:
1. Are you using a Git GUI client when you receive this error? If so, could you please let us know which one?
2. Is the repo you are working on hosted in Bitbucket Cloud (https://bitbucket.org/) or in Bitbucket Server (self-hosted instance)?
3. What operation are you doing when you get this error?
4. Is there any additional output mentioning an authentication issue, incorrect password, or anything similar?
5. What is the operating system on the machine you are working when you get this error?
Hi @Ronny Alvarado ,
This issue indeed seems to be related to authentication. I believe that SourceTree may be using incorrect stored credentials.
My suggestions are:
1. Clear any stored credentials from SourceTree for https://github.com/
a. On the tool bar click "Tools" >> click "Options"
b. On the "Options" window click "Authentication" tab
c. Identify stored credentials to GitHub and remove them.
a. Click Sourcetree > Preferences >> Accounts
b. On Accounts tab, remove stored credentials.
2. Additionally, clear any stored credentials for https://github.com/ from Windows Credential Manager (if you're on Windows) or from Keychain Access (if you are on Mac).
Then try to pull or push again. Please feel free to let me know how it goes.
Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events