Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error About UnsupportedClassVerion Java Runtime Error

Cosmin August 31, 2022

Hello! 

Can someone please help me? Thank you in advance!

I got this error while trying to RUN a pipeline for salesforce with Ant Migration Tool

/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/build/build.xml:5: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sforce/soap/partner/fault/LoginFault has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is what it says it is - you've compiled a java class with a certain version of Jira, but you're now trying to run it on an older JVM.

You either need to compile the class for the version of Java, or upgrade the JVM to the version you compiled for.

Cosmin August 31, 2022

It works now, I did not set the image of the docker that I got form the bitbucket.
It was empty like :

"image:"

and by default, image of docker from bitbucket runs on 52.0

Akash Jain May 16, 2023

can you provide a detailed info on the above?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

@Akash Jain could you explain what more "detailed info" you need, beyond "use the right version of Java for your code"?

Akash Jain May 16, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  I have checked the version on my local system...As you said "you've compiled a java class with a certain version of Jira" so just wanted to know that local system JDK version should match with the JIRA version of bitbucket ? and where can I find JIRA JVM version?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2023

So what version of Java are you using?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events