Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error 400 raised when trying to upgrade a BitBucket app to data center

Edited

My company is currently using BitBucket Server 7.4.4. It is installed on a Windows server with a SQL Server database. All connections between this server and the outside world is filtered by a proxy that performs DPI (intercept HTTPS connections) and prevent connections to any resources except for the Atlassian marketplace.

I am testing an upgrade from server licenses and some of my apps such as PR-Booster need to be updated to this license type. However when clicking on the "update to data center" button, I get an error with this stack trace below:

POST /rest/plugins/1.0/com.bit-booster.bb-key/license/crossgrade HTTP/1.1" c.a.u.r.r.AppCrossgradeResource Error crossgrading license for com.bit-booster.bb

com.atlassian.upm.mac.HamletException$HttpException: error 400

at com.atlassian.upm.mac.HamletClientPacProxyImpl.getRedirectLocationFromRequest(HamletClientPacProxyImpl.java:211)

at com.atlassian.upm.mac.HamletClientPacProxyImpl.crossgradeAppLicense(HamletClientPacProxyImpl.java:270)

at com.atlassian.upm.rest.resources.AppCrossgradeResource.getLicense(AppCrossgradeResource.java:47)

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Mar 08, 2021

Hi @Sebastien Gamby ,

It's possible that Bitbucket Server is trying to contact my.atlassian.com for licensing information. Does your proxy server have a block log that you can check to see which connections are being denied?

If not, I might suggest trying a wildcard allow for *.atlassian.com while you work through the licensing changes and see if that resolves the 400 error.

Cheers,
Daniel

This is worth a try. I will update the post with the results. I need to go through red tape so it might take a week

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,889 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you