Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environment via variable input with custom pipeline

Michiel Jakobs May 18, 2022

Hi Everybody,

With a custom pipeline I want to be able to pass the environment as user input. How can I solve this?

I now have this, but it gives me an error message.

bitbucket-pipelines-custom.jpg

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2022

Hi @Michiel Jakobs,

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment.

We have a feature request about this in our issue tracker:

I would suggest adding your vote to that ticket (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

In the meantime, the way to work around this would be by creating a separate custom pipeline for each deployment environment.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Michiel Jakobs May 22, 2022

Hi Theodora,

Thanks for your comment. I have given my vote.

With your alternative, we notice a different problem in automation.
I notice that when modifying the yml file with php the anchors are no longer used - making the yml a large file with the same codes.

Is there maybe a solution for that?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Hi Michiel,

I'm not sure what you mean that the anchors are no longer used.

Would it be possible to post the following so I can better help you?

• the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file that doesn't work as expected (no need to post the exact commands, I just need to see the structure)
  • what is the exact behavior that you see

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events