End to end CI setup for a small project.

Hi there,

I am completely new to this Atlassian suit.

I am planning to implement end to end CI for a small project.

We wanted to have

• Stash as Version control system. (Wanted to use GIT and found stash will support git.)
  • Crucible as code review system.
  • Bamboo as CI tool for builds
  • JIRA as bug tracking tool.

Can someone let me know if this combination will work. ?

Most precisely i want to know is there a way to couple these 4 tools together to accomplish my  integration process.

Thanks in advance.

- Satish.

3 answers

Yes, it will work and you can use the Application Link plugin bundled with the applications to connect them all. Check the link below for more details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Application+Links+User+Guide

Cheers!
Teilor

0 vote

Hello Satish,

There is good tutorial to install and link together set of Atlassian tools: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Here+Be+Dragons

Hi Satish,

As the others mentioned, those applications all integrate well together. I just had one other piece of advice I wanted to share.

If you're adopting Git as your version control system, you may want to try out Stash's "pull request" feature for code review before implementing Crucible. Crucible has a couple of extra features that some teams need, but many can get away with just Stash for both Git hosting and code review. If you're new to Git (and pull requests) you may find some of the workflow guidance at Atlassian's Git microsite to be useful.

cheers,

Tim

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,769 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you