Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling cascading branch merging

amatijaca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2017

I use the free version of Bitbucket.org for git management.  I love your products!  I have wanted to enable the cascading branch merging, however, although I have Admin privileges, I don't see anywhere in Settings the ability to set up a Branching Strategies, and from there somehow this cascading branch merging ability.  Can you tell me why that is not enabled for me?  How do I do it?

Regards, Alex.

Toronto

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2017

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question and the compliment! I'm afraid that at the moment, cascading branch merging is only available in the on-premise version of Bitbucket, Bitbucket Server.

Alastair

amatijaca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2017

Thank you for the quick reply!  You should really state that somewhere on Bitbucket.org (or in your documentation), so that we don't waste so much time looking for things that don't exist.  This is a feature we used at one of my clients, and I really liked it....  I hope that you will make it available on bitbucket.org sometime in the future.

Cheers, Alex.

Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2017

Sure thing. Sorry about that - we denote which version a feature is for in the documentation ( look for Bitbucket Server or Bitbucket Cloud in the header), but admittedly it is not always obvious. Thanks for the feedback.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events