Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling SSO how does affect bitbucket

Ivan Palikuca August 31, 2021

We currently have a bitbucket with number of repos and we want to introduce SSO for Confluence. Does this affect bitbucket? Is SSO for all atlassian products or it can be turned on individually? Once turned on for bitbucket, how does it affect existing repos and user logins to git repo?

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

Hi @Ivan Palikuca,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

SSO is managed on the organization level, so if your Bitbucket instance and Confluence instance belongs to the same organization, you will turn it on for both. You cannot pick and choose which product it should be turned on for.

As an example I have two Organizations, one that holds my production environment and sandbox, and a second one that hold a test instance that we created before it was possible to create a sandbox.  

Ivan Palikuca August 31, 2021

Thanks, this is helpful @Mikael Sandberg. I believe they were created separately, is there a way to say they are part of the same organization? Additionally how does enabling SSO affect bitbucket? We have tools that may not be able to use browser based authentication and needs to use plain username/password.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

They should be separate, I just checked my setup and Bitbucket is handled separately. But if you want to enable SSO for both Confluence and Bitbucket you need Atlassian Access. Your Bitbucket account will be migrated to be an Atlassian account (if not already) and once you set up SSO it will be managed under Atlassian Access. You should still be able to use the tools that only support basic authentication as long as you generate an API token that your replace the password with. Example: my_username:<api token>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events