Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable public Stash project for Active Directory group "Authenticated Users" only

Deleted user August 11, 2015

We would like to make a Stash project and its repositories public, but read only and only accessible for users, that have a valid account in our Active Directory and thus are member of the Active Directory group "Authenticated Users". We want to ensure, that only internals have access to the code.

We already use Active Directory for authentication of our regular users.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Andreas

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015

Hi Andreas,

This is not something you can do with Stash, making a repository publicly readable makes it readable for everybody that has the url and that can connect to this url.

If your Stash instance is behind a firewall and not reachable from the internet I don't see a real problem with simply giving everybody on your company's intranet access to this repository.

If your Stash instance is reachabel from the internet I would look into making the repository not public.

Cheers,

Peter

Deleted user August 11, 2015

Our instance is behind a firewall, but we simply have to many guests and externals in our network, that should not be able to browse the repositories.

Would it be possible to use the AD group "Authenticated Users" for a non public repository? I probably would have to create user accounts then or would the users be able to create the accounts themselves?

Regards,

Andreas

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

If your Stash instance uses AD for authentication and authorization you should be able to use that group to provide access to those users. I'm not sure if they can simply log into Stash (if you give that group basic stash user rights) or need to have an account created for them first. Cheers, Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events