Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty repositories after Bitbucket migration from Windows to Linux server

Denis Sych January 12, 2018

After migration of Bitbucket Server from Windows to Linux all information for projects, repositories and users is left, but no information for user commits and all repositories is empty. The migration workflow:

1). Database migration to new server;

2). Stop Bitbacket Server;

3). Copy Bitbucket and Bitbucket Home directories to new server;

4). Edit files /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/5.6.1/bin for new locations;

5). Set execution permission to necessary files;

6). Start Bitbuket Server.

What I miss or what I am doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Denis Sych January 12, 2018

So I solve my problem by my own. I perform migration using Bitbucket Server Backup Client by this manual. At the end of restoration process I get this error:

2018-01-13 01:11:58,030 ERROR bitbucket-20180113-004021-579.tar could not be restored
com.atlassian.activeobjects.spi.ActiveObjectsImportExportException: There was an error during import/export with <unknown plugin> (table AO_BD73C3_PROJECT_AUDIT):Could not import data in table 'AO_BD73C3_PROJECT_AUDIT' column #4, value is too big for column which size limit is 255, value is:
{"development":{"refId":null,"useDefault":true},"types":[{"id":"BUGFIX","displayName":"BUGFIX","enabled":true,"prefix":"bugfix/"},{"id":"FEATURE","displayName":"FEATURE","enabled":true,"prefix":"feature/"},{"id":"HOTFIX","displayName":"HOTFIX","enabled":true,"prefix":"hotfix/"},{"id":"RELEASE","displayName":"RELEASE","enabled":true,"prefix":"release/"}],"scope":{"type":"PROJECT","resourceId":142}}

at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.backup.client.ao.DetachedImportExportErrorService.newImportExportException(DetachedImportExportErrorService.groovy:25)
at com.atlassian.dbexporter.importer.DataImporter.importTable(DataImporter.java:112)
... 14 more frames available in the log file

Next I change owner for BB home directory to atlbitbucket:atlbitbucket, start BB Server and everything works fine.

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Hi Denis,

Check the user that is running bitbucket (ex. system user) has permissions to read and write in the new home directory.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/migrating-bitbucket-server-to-another-server-776640406.html

Denis Sych January 31, 2018

As I mentioned before, i have solve my problem by my own. What about an error during restoration process, I think that can be connecet with that I am using MySQL version 5.7.21 and Bitbucket version 5.6.1, which is not guarantee fail-free support of MySQL v. 5.7.21. This error don't make any effect on Bitbucket, at least I don't find any problems.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events