Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed snippet in a wiki page?

Deleted user April 20, 2019

Using the standard / default wiki that comes with a free bb account ( not confluence )...

Is there a way to embed ( not link ) a snippet in a wiki page?

If it is possible, then wouldn't doing so give the commenting functionality of the snippet inside the wiki page?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hello Jake,

If you mean a code block within the wiki as a snippet then most definitely yes you’re able to add code blocks within a Bitbucket wiki page. There are a few different options when adding this as markup within the wiki page. They’re best explained within the documentation (to ensure the information is always up-to-date) which may be found at Use syntax highlighting in a wiki.

I hope you’re able to add code blocks to your Bitbucket wiki without issue now!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Deleted user April 28, 2019

Sorry for the delay..

Yes, I know I can add all kinds of static content (including code blocks). But what I was after was actually embedding a snipped (using html and the url) to embed one snippet into another snippet.

Example:

Suppose you have snippet a, b, c, and d..

Then inside snippet a somewhere I want to..

<!-- Add some custom content as well as the below -->

<embed url="/path/to/b">

<embed url="/path/to/c">

<embed url="/path/to/d">

Then I can do reviews (with comments) directly in a, b, and c and the changes will be reflected in a. Not only that, but a becomes a dashboard to group related content that is actually distributed across multiple snippets.

I know about Confluence and I've been trying it out the last few days. What I was looking for with this question is a free way to get the described functionality (ie: embed a snippet in a snippet).

Thanks in advance for clarification on the question..

Deleted user April 28, 2019

I meant to say embed in a wiki page not embed in a snippet. (To embed a snippet in a wiki page).  Although, both are relevant questions for me. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events