It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Embed snippet in a wiki page?

Jake Apr 20, 2019

Using the standard / default wiki that comes with a free bb account ( not confluence )...

Is there a way to embed ( not link ) a snippet in a wiki page?

If it is possible, then wouldn't doing so give the commenting functionality of the snippet inside the wiki page?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers Atlassian Team Apr 22, 2019

Hello Jake,

If you mean a code block within the wiki as a snippet then most definitely yes you’re able to add code blocks within a Bitbucket wiki page. There are a few different options when adding this as markup within the wiki page. They’re best explained within the documentation (to ensure the information is always up-to-date) which may be found at Use syntax highlighting in a wiki.

I hope you’re able to add code blocks to your Bitbucket wiki without issue now!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Jake Apr 28, 2019 • edited

Sorry for the delay..

Yes, I know I can add all kinds of static content (including code blocks). But what I was after was actually embedding a snipped (using html and the url) to embed one snippet into another snippet.

Example:

Suppose you have snippet a, b, c, and d..

Then inside snippet a somewhere I want to..

<!-- Add some custom content as well as the below -->

<embed url="/path/to/b">

<embed url="/path/to/c">

<embed url="/path/to/d">

Then I can do reviews (with comments) directly in a, b, and c and the changes will be reflected in a. Not only that, but a becomes a dashboard to group related content that is actually distributed across multiple snippets.

I know about Confluence and I've been trying it out the last few days. What I was looking for with this question is a free way to get the described functionality (ie: embed a snippet in a snippet).

Thanks in advance for clarification on the question..

Jake Apr 28, 2019

I meant to say embed in a wiki page not embed in a snippet. (To embed a snippet in a wiki page).  Although, both are relevant questions for me. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

1,615 views 1 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you