Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin

Mike Lamar September 21, 2018

I'm trying to run a build from a Jenkins jobs.  I get the following error:

> git fetch --tags --progress ssh://git@sulley:7999/banpages/alumni.git +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin'
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Failed to fetch from ssh://git@sulley:7999/banpages/alumni.git
	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.fetchFrom(GitSCM.java:888)
	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:1155)
	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1186)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.scm.SCMStep.checkout(SCMStep.java:113)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.scm.SCMStep$StepExecutionImpl.run(SCMStep.java:85)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.scm.SCMStep$StepExecutionImpl.run(SCMStep.java:75)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.AbstractSynchronousNonBlockingStepExecution$1$1.call(AbstractSynchronousNonBlockingStepExecution.java:47)
	at hudson.security.ACL.impersonate(ACL.java:290)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.AbstractSynchronousNonBlockingStepExecution$1.run(AbstractSynchronousNonBlockingStepExecution.java:44)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git fetch --tags --progress ssh://git@sulley:7999/banpages/alumni.git +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*" returned status code 128:
stdout: 
stderr: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

When I try to go to the "Access Keys" page under project setting in BitBucket. I get a 500 error.

I have ssh keys on both the Jenkins server and the BitBucket server. The Bitbucket service is started at "atlbitbucket". The ssh key is generated for the "git" user. Do I need to generate atlbitbucket keys as well? 

Thanks,

Mike Lamar

1 answer

0 votes
Prasanth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2018

Hi Mike

You have mentioned that you are  getting error 500 when you access the Access Keys page. It appears that you are running in to the behavior mentioned in 

Can you please try the resolutions steps mentioned in that article?

I have ssh keys on both the Jenkins server and the BitBucket server. 

As "access keys" page is showing error, by above, did you mean you have added the key directly to the host server? If that's the case, it will NOT work. You need to add the key to the Bitbucket server project settings as mentioned in ssh-access-keys-for-system-use.

So need to resolve the issue with that page first.

Best regards,
Prasanth Thaikkalloor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events