ECR Images deployed to Test env with proper tagging, then same image deployed to Prod

awscarla abanes August 14, 2022

I have a current ECR container image deployed to test with tag v1.0.1. How do I deploy this same image with the same tag to production via AWS code deploy? I noticed that when deploying to production, a new image is always created. I need the same image from test env to be deployed to prod env with same tag. How can I accomplish this with blue-green deployment on AWS code deploy?

Thanks in advance. Newbie devops guy here so apologies if the question is sooo basic.

3 answers

0 votes
Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2022

@awscarla abanes hi. Thanks for your question. Try to read this article.

As i understand you have image in Elastic Container Registry (ECR). 
Also you have In your Elastic Container Service two clusters Test and Production.
You already used your image which is placed in ECR in your Test cluster on ECS via updating the task-definition.
All you need to do is provide the same image in Production cluster task-definition file.

Also you can take a look at this aws-ecs-deploy pipe of how to update task-definition.

Regards, Igor

0 votes
Carrie Stowe August 14, 2022

I have an ongoing ECR holder picture conveyed to test with tag v1.0.1. How would I convey this equivalent picture with a similar tag to creation by means of AWS code send? I saw that while sending to creation, another picture is constantly made. I want a similar picture from test env to be conveyed to goad env with same tag. How might I achieve this with blue-green organization on AWS code convey?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Have you tried asking on an AWS code send forum?

Like James Fenton likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This probably isn't a Bitbucket problem, it will be doing what it is told to.  You'll need to look at the scripts or programmes that you are using to do the deployment - what are they doing differently based on the selection of environment?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events